The Women Empowerment, Anti-Ragging and Sexual Harassment Cell of Pranabananda Women’s College was set up as per the guidelines of UGC in the year 2016 under the leadership of the then Principal, Ms. Uma Bhowmick and Mrs. Sanjukta Bhattarcharjee as the Convenor. At present the cell is headed by the Principal Dr. Santosh Kumar and Mrs. Gracia K Jimo as a Convenor. The cell was established with an aim for promoting Gender Equality and enhance understanding of issues relating to women and to make the college campus a safe place for the students.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CELL
1. To create awareness on various issues and problems of women and in particular regarding gender discrimination.
2. To prevent violence and discrimination against women.
3. To highlight the importance of health and hygiene.
4. To conduct practical activities for the students to develop self-confidence.
5. To organize seminars, workshops relating to women safety and overall personality development.
6. To prevent sexual harassment, ragging, abuse, exploitation, or any kind of grievances of the students.
7. To commemorate the occasion of International Women’s Day.
ROLES AND FUNCTIONS
1. The cell organizes and participates in seminars, workshops and addresses women issues and problems in the college.
2. It also strives to provide platforms for women to share their experiences and views with regard to their status and challenges in the society and suggest ways to improve and empower themselves.
3. Aiming at the intellectual and social upliftment of the female students, the Cell annually felicitates women who have achieved excellence in their fields and who have an impact in the society.
4. In order to encourage and boost the confidence of the students, the Cell provides platforms for physical activity and self- defense training.
Members of the Women Empoerment Cell includes:-
- Gracia K. Jimo, Assistant Professor (Education), Convenor
- T. Hanneng, Asst. Prof. (Political Science) , Member