The student’s grievance and redressal cell will look into the grievances lodged by any student. Students can approach the cell to air their grievances and complaints regarding academic matters, canteen services, library issues and other services offered by the institution. Any form of discontent or dissatisfaction faced by the students can be communicated to the cell. The Grievance and redressal cell also looks into matters of physical, mental or sexual harassment faced by the students in the institution’s premises. Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the Co-ordinator or any member of theGrievance cell. Grievances may also be sent through e-mail or phone to the Co-ordinator of the Students’ Grievance and redressal Cell. The cellafter receiving the complaints redresses the grievances promptly and judiciously. As a result of this redressal mechanism, the college has pleasant ambient environment and good work culture with goodwill and mutual understanding among the students and faculties.
The primary objective of the Grievance and Redressal Cell is to promote and maintain a conducive and harmonious educational environment among the students. The Students’ Grievance and Redressal Cell is constituted for the redressal of the issues reported by the students of the College.
- Grievance and Redressal cell is established in order to maintain a healthy working atmosphere amongst staff, students and parents.
- This cell facilitates students to record their complaints and redress their problems, related to academics, services and personal grievances freely and frankly without any fear of victimization.
- To maintain the dignity of the college by ensuring conflict free atmosphere and promoting healthy student relationship among themselves and with the staff.
- To ensure effective resolution regarding student grievances in a fair and transparent manner.
- Sensitizing students of the College to respect each other sentiments and be patient, whenever any occasion of conflict arises among themselves.
- To counsel the students to refrain from stirring up unrest against other students, teachers and College administration.
- Any violation of ragging rules should be urgently brought to the notice of the Principal. Ragging Complaints, if any will be dealt by the anti-ragging committee of the college.
- Woman sexual harassment complaints will be dealt as per government guidelines by the Anti-sexual Harassment Cell of the college.
The cell will deal with Grievances received in writing from the students on the following matters:
- Academic Matters: Related to timely issue of Mark-sheets, Transfer Certificates, migration Certificates or other examination related matters.
- Financial matters: Related to dues and payments for admission, monthly tuition fees, fines etc.
- Other Matters: Related to certain issues about proper sanitation, classroom accommodation, canteen facilities, computer facility, availability of transport, fairness or victimization from teachers in evaluation etc.
- Complaint Boxes have been installed in the College campus in which the Students, who want to remain anonymous, can put in writing their grievances and their suggestions for improving the academics/administration in the College.
- Students can lodge a complaint either to principal or to the members of student grievance redressal cell.
- The person concerned can personally approach in person any member of the Cell or can send email, phone or written application and submit to Cell Convener for grievances of any form.
- The cases will be attended promptly on receipt of grievances from the students.
- The cell will review all cases and will act formally and diligently accordingly as per the student’s grievances and redressal policy of the college.
- The cell will give report to the higher authority about the cases attended to and the number of pending cases, if any, which require direction and guidance from the higher authorities.
The student’s grievance Redressal cell will not entertain the following issues:
- Decisions of the executive council, academic council, board of studies and other administrative or academic committees constituted by the affiliating university.
- Decisions with regard to award of scholarship, fee concessions, medals etc.
- Decisions made by the affiliating university with regard to disciplinary matters and misconduct.
- Decisions of the affiliating university about admissions in any courses offered by the college.
- Decisions by competent authority on assessment and examination result.
Core Committee Members:
Mr. Saurav Dowarah, Co-ordinator, IQAC (Incharge)
Mrs. Tainla Jamir (Member), HoD, History
Mrs. Gracia K Jimo (Member), Asst. Prof., Education.