ANTI SEXUAL HARASSMENT CELL
As per the guidelines of UGC and the Supreme Court, an Anti-Sexual Harassment Cell has been established by the institution to provide a healthy atmosphere to the girl students of the college. Anti Sexual Harassment Cell deals with issues relating to sexual harassment. The committee is formed to prevent sexual assault, rape and other related crimes on girl students.
Goal: Prevention of sexual harassment to ensure safe environment for girl students in the college premises.
- To develop guidelines and norms for policies against sexual harassment.
- To develop principles and procedures to combat sexual harassment.
- To work out details for the implementation these policies.
- To prepare a detailed plan of action, both short and long term.
- To organize gender sensitization awareness programme.
- To deal with cases of discrimination and sexual harassment in a time bound manner, aiming at ensuring support services to the victims.
Definition: Sexual Harassment.
For this purpose, sexual harassment includes unwelcome sexually determined behavior (whether directly or by implication) such as:
- Verbal or Physical threats.
- Insulting, Abusive, Embarrassing or Patronizing behavior or Comments.
- Offensive gestures, Language, Rumors, Gossip or Jokes.
- Humiliating, Intimidating, Demeaning and/or Persistent criticism, Open hostility.
- Suggestive comments or Body language.
- Publishing, Circulating or Displaying pornographic, Racist, Sexually suggestive or Otherwise offensive pictures or other materials.
- Unwanted physical contact, Ranging from an invasion of space to a serious assult.
The following acts are also considered sexual harassment in nature and is covered by the committee
- Unsavory remarks
- Jokes causing or likely to cause awkwardness or embarrassment
- Innuendos and taunts
- Gender based insults or sexist remarks
- Unwelcome sexual overtone in any manner such as over telephone (obnoxious telephone calls) and the like
- Touching or brushing against any part of the body and the like
- Displaying pornographic or other offensive or derogatory pictures, cartoons, pamphlets or sayings
- Forcible physical touch or molestation
- Physical confinement against one’s will and any other act likely to violate one’s privacy
Anti Sexual Harassment Cell assures that complaints (if any) of the girl students, teaching and non-teaching staffs are treated with dignity and respect and the complaints (if any) are kept confidential.
False Reporting: Intentionally making a false report or providing false information will be liable for institutional/legal action.
For any Complaints, Queries & Assistance
Contact: phone number of cell coordinator.
- Gracia K Jimo (Co-ordinator) – 9862816745
- Miss Themneingah Hanneng (Member)