POLICY GUIDELINES OF CULTURAL COMMITTEE, PRANABANANDA WOMEN’S COLLEGE
The Institution set up a Cultural Committee in the year 2014. The purpose of the establishment of the Committee is to showcase the talents of the students, preserve and keep alive the traditional values and practices of our culture, encourage students to participate in extra curricular activities and inculcate creativity in them.
The Institution caters to students belonging to diverse social, cultural, religious, ethnic, and linguistic background. Though most of the students belong to Naga tribes, there are sizeable number of non-tribal and non-Naga tribal students from within as well as outside the state of Nagaland. The Institution through its Cultural Committee made a concerted effort to build unity in diversity among the students by promoting cultural tolerance, respect for one’s own culture as well as other’s culture. The Institution observe Cultural Day as an important annual event. It celebrates the multi-cultural identity of the Institution. Pranabananda Women’s College present a beautiful mosaic of cultural diversity and harmony.
OBJECTIVES OF CULTURAL COMMITTEE:
- Preservation of culture and promotion of cultural harmony among the students and other stakeholders of the Institution.
- To promote respect for cultural heritage.
- To facilitate platform for students to showcase their talents.
- To inculcate team spirit, leadership, and organizational skills in the students.
- To facilitate opportunities for students to explore and discover their latent or potential talents and creativity.
- To promote active participation of students in extra-curricular activities to inculcate creativity and shaping of their talents and skills.
FUNCTIONS OF CULTURAL COMMITTEE
- To plan and schedule cultural events of the College for each academic year.
- To organize all cultural related events and programs of the College.
- To generate publicity of the events.
COMPOSITION OF THE COMMITTEE
The Cultural Committee of PWC comprises of five faculty members, and two student members. Accordingly, one faculty member serves as the Convenor, four faculty members as executive members. The student members hold the positions of Cultural Secretary and Assistant Cultural Secretary of Student body, PWC.
Tenure: Three Years
Members for the current tenure: 2022-2024
|1||Mrs. Majakhon Kamei||Asst.Professor, Dept.of Sociology||Convenor|
|2||Mrs. Rina Anal||Asst.Professor,
|3||Ms. Rupa Dutta||Asst. Professor
Dept. of English
|4||Ms. Olivia Kikon||Asst.Professor, Dept.of Sociology||Executive member|
|5||Mr.Tongpok||Asst.Professor, Dept.of Sociology||Executive member|
|6||Ms. UjalaDey||Cultural Secretary,PWCSU||Student member|
|7||Ms. LoangkamKonyak||Asst. Cultural Secretary,PWCSU||Student member|
ROLE OF THE CONVENOR
- The Convenor shall convene the Cultural Committee meetings for planning of cultural events and program in the College.
- The Convenor shall submit the draft of meeting minute and resolutions regarding the proposal for the conduct of any events to the Principal for final approval.
- The Convenor, in consultation with the executive body shall prepare an Annual Action Plan of the Committee.
- The Convenor shall assign or allot responsibilities to the executive members as well as student members.
- The Convenor, in consultation with the executive members, shall prepare budget for any event to be organized by the Committee.
- The Convenor shall constitute a temporary discipline committee for any event or program organized by the Committee to oversee unruly audience and participants during the program. The Convenor may co-opt additional members from the faculty members and students.
- The Convenor shall co-ordinate with the executive members, students and Management in all the activities related with the conduct of the events and programmes.
- The Convenor shall file the office copy of all the correspondences.
- The Convenor or the member assigned by the Convenor will prepare the report and document all the event and programs conducted by the Committee.
- The Convenor shall be responsible for overall supervision of all the program activities and events of the Cultural Committee.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE EXECUTIVE MEMBERS
- The executive members shall extend full co-operation with the Convenor in the planning, execution and organization of the programmes and activities conducted by the Committee.
- The members shall diligently fulfill all the works and responsibilities assigned to them.
- The members shall regularly attend all the meeting convened by the Committee except in some unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances.
- Work allotted to the members shall be completed in a timely manner.