The Pranabananda Women’s College Authority by notification shall provide for the constitution of an Examination Committee / Examination Inspection Committee (EIT) in order to look after, conduct and supervise all other matters in connection with the College Examinations as well as all final examinations of Nagaland University.
The Examination Committee shall consist of minimum 5 (five) members as stated under:
- Principal as Chairperson.
- Vice-Principal as Overall In-charge.
- HOD, Education as Coordinator.
- HOD, Political Science as Member.
- HOD, Commerce as Member.
Meeting of the Committee:
The Committee shall meet as and when necessary. And all meeting shall be convened by the Vice-Principal as and when she deems fit. Usually, the meetings shall be presided by the Principal as Chairman and in his absence by anyone from among the members of the Committee.
- To establish procedures and instructions for assessing and determining the results of examinations.
- To safeguard the quality of the examination procedures.
- To determine whether a student meets the requirements with regard to knowledge, insight and skills, which are laid down in the program and examination regulations, for obtaining internal marks.
- Setting of the question papers.
- To improve and control the quality of internal examinations to be conducted at institute level.
- To take measures against any misconduct.
- To display the statement of internal marks on student notice board and sending a mark sheet of student to respective parents if necessary.
- Approving and finalizing the dates of internal examinations
- Appointment of invigilators.
- Creating guidelines for examiners and students.
- Imposing penalties for malpractices.
- Eligibility of students for appearing university examination.
- Proper maintenance of examination record.
- Inventory control of various materials required for exam section.
- Submission of examination records to university in scheduled time.
- Internal/External assessment (Even and Odd Semester) committee comprises of Exam Coordinator and faculty members.
- At the start of session, collection of the data of admitted students in all the classes for current academic session.
- Preparation of tentative exam schedule (Internal) as per the academic calendar of NU.
- Display of final exam schedule on notice boards for students and faculty.
- Inventory control of the various items required (like main answer sheet and supplements) for the academic session.
- Display of notice for concerned faculty members for submission of question paper in given prescribed format, well in advance before commencement of internal examination.
- Keeping record of setting of question papers by teachers allotted by NU for end semester examination and maintaining confidentiality of it and send it to University.
- Seating charts with due care are prepared and displayed on notice board one day before exam.
- Appointment of invigilators considering various factors like number of students in exam hall.
- On the day of examination, invigilators are required to collect the necessary things like question papers, answers sheets, attendance list and other required material for smooth conduct.
- The Committee shall be responsible for conducting the BA/B.Com Final/Semester Examinations in accordance with the schedules, rules and regulations received from the Nagaland University.
- For Odd Semester examination all the concerned teachers are required to collect the answer sheets from exam section and evaluate and submit within time as per exam section notification and for even semester examination excluding 2nd semester EIT have to send answer sheets to NU on the same day.
- Maintenance of all records related to examination.
Marks Scheme for Sessional Examinations:
|Programme Name||Examination Type||Full Marks||Pass Marks|
|BA / B.Com (CBCS)||Internal Exam||25||10|
|BA / B.Com (Old)||Internal Exam||30||13.5|