Red Ribbon Club (RRC)
The Purpose of Pranabananda Women’s College Red Ribbon Club was formed to encourage Peer-to-Peer messaging on HIV prevention and to provide a safe space for young people to seek clarifications of their doubts and on myths surrounding HIV/AIDS. The RRCs also promotes voluntary Blood donation among youth. Through Red Ribbon Club, the targeted youth are encouraged to learn about safe and healthy lifestyle. The RRC promote and channelize, access to information on HIV/AIDS, further educating them about Voluntary Blood Donation and Safe Sexual behaviors. Red Ribbon Club also aim to enable the targeted youth to become more conscious about HIV/AIDS and related issues to further act as change agents in the HIV/AIDS programme.
AIMS and Objectives of RRC
- To harness the potential of the youth by equipping them with correct information on HIV/AIDS prevention, Care and Support and Treatment.
- To build their capacities as peer educators in spreading messages on positive health behavior in an enabling environment.
- To reduce new HIV infection among youth by raising their risk perception through awareness on HIV/AIDS.
- To induce among youth, the spirit to help and support PLHIV, thereby reducing stigma and discrimination.
- To motivate youth and build their capacity as peer educators and the agents of change by developing their skills on leadership, negotiation and team building.
Strategies of RRC
- Awareness Campaigns
- Leadership training as peer educators
- Intra and inter college/university competitions.
- Organizing various HIV related programmes, Seminars and competitions.
- Planning and implementing outreach activities for HIV awareness etc.
Role of RRC
Red Ribbon club is not bound to perform a set of duties or functions. However, some roles expected of them are:
- The facts of HIV and AIDS
- About self responsible behavior
- About services available (from testing to treatment)
- Life skill development
- The truth about HIV and AIDS with their peers.
- Carry out educational campaigns related to HIV and AIDS.
- Encourage others to attend life skill development programme.
- Protect themselves and others.
- Choose abstinence or practice safe sex behavior.
- Get tested for HIV, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
- Coordinate with college authority for health awareness programme.
- Volunteer during health camps or campaigns.
- Observe and participate in events such as:
- National Youth Day- 12th January
- International Youth Day- 12th August
- National Voluntary Blood Donation Day-1st October
- World AIDS Day- 1st December
Want to Join?
If you want to be a member of Red Ribbon Club, You Can
- Ask the Nodal Officer of RRC who will help you to enroll.
- Ask the Class Representative to help for enrollment as RRC member.